12 (Season 1)
Date of Birth:
December 24, 1931
Romagna Air Force, 4th Air Unit, 90th Squadron, 10th Air Group
Striker Unit model:
Francesca Lucchini (フランチェスカ・ルッキーニ, Furanchesuka Rukkīni?) is a witch of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, originating from Romagna and affiliated with the Romagna Air Force and her original unit: Romagna's Sovrana Aeronautica Romagniana 4th Air Unit. She is often named by her surname (Lucchini), and reffered by the alias of 'Gattino' (Kitty in italian) and 'Franca'.
Her familiar is the Black panther. Some characters confuse with a black cat (Shirley, for example).
Joining the 501st from the Duchy of Romagna, born in Rome, Francesca is the youngest soldier of the unit at a mere twelve years (in the Season 2 have thirdteen). Her unit affiliation was with Romagna's Sovrana Aeronautica Romagniana 4th Air Unit. Apparently, it's actually several different units, but Lucchini don't really know that much about it. Her rank is Pilot Officer (Sottotenente), by Francesca's opinion 'It's pretty low for a witch'. However, her aerial victory score is pretty high.
Unlike most other members of the 501st her past isn't marred by tragedy, she joined the Strike Witches out of a sense of duty to ensure that no harm would ever come to her beloved Romagna. But, I might not look like it, but Francesca 's way more of a veteran than Miyafuji Yoshika or Lynette Bishop. In Rome, the witch Corps recognized the power of Francesca with 10-year-old. In response to the training base in Grosseto in Tuscany as Midshipmen, was sent to the Mediterranean area then. Magic power is very high, firepower is also hidden and master class, the makings of an excellent witch a fighting-spirit strong.
But, there is tended to is too reckless, often repeatedly struck in the aggressive assault and the Striker Unit destruction , which she has been a problem of troops. Also, she had nearly been expelled from the Romagna Air Force, due his vague and overly cheerful attitude. Fold such, there is increase in the number of requests to Romagna from 501st Fighter Wing integration, Francesca is sent to the Britannia and hope a improvement in her vague behavior. The behavior problem were many still assigned initially, but his friendship with Flight Lieutenant Yeager has made a improvement in her behavior, her shot-down and her abilities. However, she never gets put into house arrest or anything since she’s the youngest of the 501st JFW.
The second and third chapter of Kimi to Tsunagaru Sora, shown the Shirley and Lucchini's travel of across North Africa. Francesca calls the Flight Lieutenant Takei 'JunJun' (ジュンジュン) and named the Pilot Officer Nakajima 'Nikkii' (ニッキー).
Unlike her vague nature, in the air she displays a passion and talent for flying that nobody in the 501st can match. She's still attached to her mother. Francesca might look fine, but she's actually having quite a rough time. Her mother have a big breasts, and her waist and hip is even greater than her bust. Due the two womans have a big breasts, Francesca is very attached with Shirley. The Duchess Maria of Romagna is a good friend of Lucchini and assumes title after a grand day out with her.
In the movie, Lucchini and Shirley are in Venezia and meet Fernandia Malvezzi, Martina Crespi and Luciana Mazzei. After a race between Shirley and Luciana, Lucchini is wound due a accident in the race, but is cured by Fernandia. When a Neuroi appears, the five girls fighting opposite he.
Francesca is often childish and self-indulgent, shirking training and other duties in order to have fun around the base or nap. However, in battle she displays a true talent and passion for flying. She is good friends with the similarly casual Charlotte E. Yeager, has the tendency to occasionally speak in a sing-song tone, is full of energy and jumps around a lot. Cheerful and talent, for all her lofty ideals she's still twelve years old and often acts childish or self indulgent like a typical twelve year old. She hates the cold. Francesca eats slightly more than the other witches and for her food is always a top priority. She doesn't seem to fear anything (not even Shirley's driving) except the Wing Commander Wilcke and Squadron Leader Sakamoto.
Sleeping is a favorite past-time of Francesca. She has a knack for sleeping in the darnedest places (e.g. trees, the hanger wing). Noise is not a factor to her ability to sleep as she can stay asleep even as a striker's engine is raging. She'll often spend time napping around the base only waking up to change where she naps.
Francesca has an obsession with cleavage. She is almost always cuddled up in Shirley's bosom (which Shirley allows). Otherwise she is prowling around and hunting for a new victim to get her grabby hands on. This habit got her into hot water in the third chapter of Kimi to Tsunagaru Sora.
She has the ablility to directly concentrate, manipulate somewhat, and discharge magic energy (光熱攻撃 Kōnetsu Kōgeki (Sunlight Strike; lit. "Light and Heat Attack"). Classified in the attack system, send magic energy and hot to the enemies. The power is great, thanks to magic ability, Francesca can penetrate in the Neuroi structure and forge barriers, that are almost unbreakable. Even Shirley throws her for kill a Neuroi with her magical power.
Unlike her vague nature, in the air she displays a passion and talent for flying that nobody in the 501st can match. Her marksmanship is great, and she's a genius when it comes to dogfighting.
Francesca is based off the Italian flying ace Franco Lucchini, an ace in the Spanish Civil War and the World War II. He's acredited with 22 victories and named 'Francesco Baracca della Seconda Guerra Mondiale'. He died in 1943 during a mission.
- Himegoe Voice Albums
- Hime Uta Song Albums
- Himebana Drama Albums
- Himeroku Drama Albums
- Strike Witches Gakuen
- Himegoe CD 2 Voice Albums
- Strike Witches Otome no Maki
- Strike Witches 2
- Strike Witches Short-Shorts: After the Sky
- Ichimen no Ao
- Strike Witches 2 Visual Short Stor
- 500overs in Africa
Francesca's Comments About Other Characters
- "Wing Commander Minna? She told me it was okay for me to make hiding places in the base, so I think she's a nice person. As long as I do what I'm told and don't break or sabotage anything, I'm allowed to do whatever I want! And I can eat as much as I want too, so I love her!"
- "She's a nice person who makes candy for me! And her boobs are big, although not as big as Shirley's. But unlike Shirley, she won't let me touch her... Boring!"
- "Yoshika makes good food! The food here in Britannia is pretty bad, but although Yoshika's food is a little strange, it's really good! That Fuso pasta... umm... u... u... uron? Ah, udon! That was nice too! I'd like to try it with tomato sauce sometime. Well, she only gets a consolation prize for her boobs though."
- "The Major... I don't like that she sometimes forces me to practice with her. I'm a genius, so I don't have to train! It's more important to sleep and grow bigger!"
- "Perrine? Well, she's really stubborn, so she's fun to make fun of, but... hm... mm... she's that flat-chested, and yet she always tries to put me in place, I don't like that! But I think her personality has changed a little since Yoshika came here?"
- "I love Shirley! It feels safe to be around her, and she doesn't complain about things I do. Um, well, she's a bit scary when she's angry, but that reminds me of my mama back home. Her boobs are big like mama's too! Uh, I want to see mama... Ah, and sorry for breaking your striker units."
- "I always thought of Flight Lieutenant Barkhorn as a very strict person, but she's softened up a little lately! She used to always furrow her brow and look tense, but she's recently started to feel like a big sister for the rest of the unit!"
- "Flying Officer Hartmann is amazing! She always sleeps way more than I do! There's no way I can sleep that much! And I don't think I can get my room as messy as hers... I respect her for that!"
- "Eila sometimes does fortune-telling on me with her tarot cards. That's fun, and she has a lot of weird things in her room, so I go there to play sometimes but... I keep making things fall over, so she gets mad at me... strange... nyunyu..."
- "Sanyan (Sanya) and I almost never meet, so I haven't talked to her that much. I can't keep myself awake late enough to be up when Sanya is awake, but I'd like to talk with her more."
Strike Witches “What If?” — 1947
Even though she used to be a fickle child prodigy who the upper stratum didn't know what to do with, Flying Officer Lucchini is now in a position to have subordinates as the Platoon Commander. The substitute mother who she used to depend on like a spoiled child became a friend, a partner, and now a role model.
This shouldn't be considered entirely canonical, because it was only tweeted by Humikane.
- ↑ Strike Witches Official Fanbook Complete File, page 35
|Return to 501st JFW|