Welp, it's being dubbed on May 8th. Thought I'd point this out, not that good at editing pages so I'll just post this and let others handle the editing.Read more >
I barely even remember how to operate this thing and everything has changed in the six years since I was last active. What am I even doing?Read more >
- some guy on Twitter asks Funimation a question, they reply back with an answer*
- I decide to ask them about the Strike Witches movie, gets absolutely no response*
....Oki. TwT *goes back to corner*Read more >
So, yeah, this page here:
I object to many inaccuracies, but most glaringly...
THIS: "Strike Witches are women with high magic potential."
AND THIS: "Called Strike Witches (sic)hiding(sic) witches who are in the military. 'Strike Witches "are talented girls aged 12-14 years, with great potential."
Strike Witches is the Unit Designation of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing.
It is not a catch-all name for any Witch in the military.
Strike Witches is also the name of the franchise, with appropriate subtitles for stories not involving the 501st JFW
I won't critizise the broken English since it is obviously not the editors native language, but there are MANY inaccuracies within the page itself. May I…
Read more >
I think they should add an few guys within the show don't get me wrong but the main character is 17 and they should have guys around the girls ages and should be a reinforcement squadRead more >
Where exactly is it mentioned Minna's dead lover is named Kurt Flachfeld?Read more >
Chapters from the six Otome no Maki novels will be translated sporadically when I feel like it. There will be a bias towards Eila and Sanya, and then to new material that isn't in the Anime. Feel free to leave comments or suggestions here.
For these, I will be preserving name suffixes (san/chan/etc). In the Misfits novels, it's all 少尉 this, and 中尉 that, so the odd extra suffix is just assimilated into inflection.
Note; the third Misfits novel is already under way, so don't worry about that.
- Volume 2
- Chapter 2: TBA (twice as long as the Misfits chapters).
- Intermission 1: Novelisation of the opening to S1E7. All the things described can be seen in Eila's room throughout the episode (I wouldn't blame anyone for missing the statue, considering...)
Well, I was browsing Amazon, and went on a bit of a spending binge. I bought all six of the Otome no Maki novels (partly a novelization of the anime, but with some other stories), and the novelized version of the recent movie (again, an expansion on the anime, apparently giving Eila and Sanya more scenes).
There are a couple of other books I'd like to work on (things like; 'Beyond the Fox Whistle, and Kitsune no Hanashi), but I haven't decided for sure what to do after the third Misfits novel.
So what would people be most interested in reading?Read more >
The current translation rate seems to be working out, so I'll aim to release a chapter every month or so.Schedule is out of the window (in the good way). If there is going to be a long delay, I'll leave a message about it on my talk page.
Feedback and comments are welcome.
- Chapter 3; Needs a few corrections when I have the time.
- Chapter 4; Although I usually like to see suffixes preserved, I have decided not to do this with 'Onee sama' (which is what Ahonen has told her squadron to call her). The reason being that they're supposed to be speaking English anyway, and all the other suffixes have been translated as P/O,F/O etc. In any case I think hearing someone say 'big sis' in English is probably about as rare as 'Onee sama' is in Japa…
Read more >
I know this is rather early, since the movie just came out on DVD a week ago, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide a script of the movie. It doesn't even have to be in english, just some form of written dialogue for the movie.
I don't know how many of you are familiar with the japanese language, but I certainly am not, especially not verbally. It would be greatly appreciated if this request was acknowledged. Thank you.Read more >